It is easy to say you believe. Here are five proofs that your faith is authentic. If you have truly been born from above and on your way to heaven, then these five things will be evident in your life.
Click play on the image below to see the 5 slides.
Download the PDF here.
Five proofs that you know God – Created with Haiku Deck, presentation software that inspires;
- You do not practice sin.
- You do what is right in God’s eyes.
- You love fellow Christians.
- You overcome sin, temptation and the world.
- You believe Jesus was sent by God to save you.
*Special thanks to the Apostle John for sharing this with us.
It is common for evangelistic ministries to count salvations. ONTHEREDBOX is not in the habit of doing so. There are several factors that convince me counting is not a great idea.
1. HOW DO I KNOW IF SOMEONE IS SAVED?
The story of the sower talks about four people who heard the Gospel. Three “got saved”, but in the end, only one brought forth fruit. It is pretty difficult to know, in the end, who will persevere. Demas was a “fellow worker” with Paul the Apostle in the ministry but in the end deserted Paul because he loved the present world.
2. WHAT EXACTLY AM I COUNTING?
A lady on the street told me that someone got saved. “They said the prayer, and that is the most important thing,” she said. So are we counting a prayer? Do we count those that raise their hand in a church service or respond to an altar call or those that fill out a contact card? Do we count church attendance or baptism? I suppose there are numerous ways to count, but none of them reveal genuine conversions to Christ.
Doesn’t the book of Acts give numbers of people saved? Not really. But it does give the approximate numbers of those that received the Word, were baptised and added to the church. (Acts 2:41)
3. WHY AM I COUNTING, REALLY?
The times I have counted, my motive was so other people would think well of me. I wanted folks to know that my evangelistic methods worked and that I was effective. It is the same reason why I like to take pictures and video when there is a larger crowd listening to our open-air preaching. Pretty sad.
ONTHEREDBOX says things like:
- We preached to so many tonight…
- I talked and prayed with 4 people today.
- Someone came to church and responded to the call of repentance and faith.
- So many received the Word, were baptised and added to the church.
LET GOD COUNT
“Aren’t numbers important to God?” I would image they are. So why don’t we let Him do the counting? God has a book in heaven called the BOOK OF LIFE. He is the only one that knows the names written there. You could ask Him how many people have been Born Again through your ministry, but I think you might have to wait until judgement day to find out!
The idea is that God receive all the glory for those that repent. How about we enjoy being co-laborors with Christ and leave the results in His hands?
I took a class on Spanish Culture the other day. It was mostly for newcomers to Spain so they would know what to say or not say in this culture to be able to fit in. What to do and not do, so as not to offend natives of the land.
Here are some of the things I was reminded of:
- You don’t want to stand out in a crowd. Best to be an apple in a bowl of apples.
- There is a high sense of shame. What will people think? What will they say about me?
- Never talk about death. Talking about it may bring it about sooner.
I raised my eyebrows with every point. ONTHEREDBOX breaks everyone of those cultural rules.
We are encouraged to be culturally sensitive, not offend and to find common ground if we want to reach people for Jesus. I am not against that thought, but I don’t think it should be our guide in evangelism.
So what should be our guide?
Did Jesus ever break the rules?
- Healing on the Sabbath?
- Touching a leper?
- Talking to a woman in private? And a Samaritan!
- The scribes: “You offend us when you say that.”
- “You are of your father the devil!”
When He asks you to preach on the subway or bus or some public place, what will you do? You don’t really want to be one of those people, do you?
At ONTHEREDBOX our goal is to be obedient to the command to preach the Gospel to every person. Our platform is a Red Box. That is what God gave us. And even though we break the rules of the culture, the interesting thing is God uses it and draws people in.
One of the greatest blessings at ONTHEREDBOX is the foundation of the Gospel message the Lord has shown us called the FOUR COLUMNS.
Once you see clearly these four points, then all of your evangelism becomes more effective.
- Your sin problem
- The terrible consequence of living and dying in sin
- The solution to your problem
- The call to turn and believe
ONTHEREDBOX is developing 3-minute videos, each one gives an overview of one of the columns. These are great for:
- Personal review
- Small group series
- Teaching a class
- Sending to an unsaved friend
- Showing in church
- Posting on social media
- Embed on your blog
Here is our next video. ETERNITY – What you need to know.
Can’t see the video? Click here.
A look inside the video
- Eternity is written in your heart.
- One day you will die.
- After death comes the judgement
- There is a terrible place called hell
- There is a wonderful place called heaven.
See the first two videos here.
Enjoy the video and enjoy sharing it.
I know you want to be more effective in evangelism.
I know that you want to see the Holy Spirit’s activity in your evangelism encounters.
Today you get to see the new video that Ontheredbox has developed. We are producing a series of five videos on the Four Columns of the Evangelistic message.
Here is a quick review of the five-video series on the Four Columns of the Evangelistic Message.
The Four Columns
- Introduction to the Four Columns
- Law (Problem)
- Eternity (Consequence)
- Cross (Solution)
- Repentance and Faith (Call)
Today’s video is the second in the series. It is entitled THE LAW. (See the first video on the introduction here)
This 3-minute video explains the power of the LAW in evangelism.
- The LAW shows us our sin.
- The LAW is written on every heart.
- The LAW condemns you as guilty.
- The LAW leads you to Jesus.
Understanding the first column, THE LAW, will help you keep your evangelism biblical and as a result, more effective.
Click here to see the first video: The Four Columns of the Evangelistic Message: INTRODUCTION
Click here to see the second video: The Four Columns of the Evangelistic Message: THE LAW