When I spend time making my requests known unto God, the main thing I want is to pray the will of God to be done on earth as it is in heaven. The Bible is full of instructions on how to pray for fellow believers. So what does the scripture say about praying for the unbeliever?
1. Jesus tells us
- Love your enemy.
- Bless those who curse you.
- Do good to those that hate you.
- Pray for those that use you and persecute you.
2. Two things God does not desire
- He is not willing that any perish.
- He does not take pleasure in the death of the wicked.
3. Two things God desires
- That all would come to repentance.
- That the wicked would turn from their evil ways and live.
Lord I pray for my unsaved family. I know you are not willing that any would perish, but desire that all would come to repentance. And I thank you that you do not take pleasure in the death of the wicked, but desire them to turn from their evil ways and live. Give them a heart to know you. Give them a desire to serve you. Amen.
Small storms come and go in your life and for the most part you pull through and hang on to God. You remind yourself that God is good, that all things work together and so on. Then you are hit by a hurricane. A tragic death, divorce or some other unspeakable loss. Then those verses aren’t as easy to quote. You might even slip into a crisis of faith.
This is my last video in a series on how to get through tough times. I talk about not giving up on God. Keep on praying. I recorded this 2 months ago when I was still dazed from the death of my wife Julie. I am not dazed anymore!
What I am saying is, I have not changed my mind about what I said in the video. Hang on to God.
Check out my one-minute video.
I have a confession to make. I have been alone for two months now and I have not been able to rejoice for Julie. People will say, “At least we know she is in heaven.” Then I would think, “Yeah, well, I am down here and I can’t begin to tell you what I lost when Julie died.” I thought only of my loss but not of her gain. (That is my confession)
On Sunday of this week something happened. I thought of Julie. In heaven. Then the thought popped into my head of her saying, “Hey Jakey, aren’t you happy for me?” I thought about it. Then I said I was. Of course I was!
At that moment my thoughts were filled with what my dear wife gained.
- Julie had an open door into heaven.
- She saw Jesus face to face.
- He put the crown of life upon her head.
- She was shown the place he had prepared for her.
- She is near the 24 elders around the throne, casting her crown down and saying HOLY, HOLY, HOLY.
- She sits in the bleachers with the great cloud of witnesses – Is she cheering us on?
- No more death, tears, suffering, sickness, sin, temptation, devil.
It was then, I began to REJOICE for her. For real.
I recorded this video a month ago when God was showing me how to live above the sad stuff in my life. It also talks about rejoicing. Check it out!
I was quite shocked at the instruction to GIVE THANKS in every circumstance. At first glance, that seemed impossible. At least in my circumstance. When things go well, I can give thanks. But things have not gone the way I wanted them to.
Giving thanks “In”
Focus on the things you are thankful for. The thought is not to give thanks FOR the circumstance, but In the circumstance. Here is my thoughts on it. (One-minute video)
Click on picture below to view video.
Today I want you to watch this one-minute video on “doing good”. You could be going through a very difficult time right now. As for me, my difficult time is dealing with the death of my wife Julie. The question is how to rise above the tough time and breath the fresh air that is available to us.
There is a JOY available to those that continue to walk in what God has called them to do, in spite of difficult times. That JOY is the “fresh air.”
Check out the video.
Next week I will send you the second video.
What I want to share with you in the next few weeks is incredibly powerful. I have recorded five super-short videos with some practical things you can do during tough times in your life.
When my wife Julie passed away last month, I asked the Lord what I was to do. I wanted to be steadfast. I wanted to continue the race and not wimp-out. But I didn’t know how to do it.
This first short video gives you the answer. God’s answer has been a game changer for me. This is not a cure-all, a quick fix or even a spiritual recipe. Yet if you believe it and put it into practice, oh my!
The next four weeks I will explain each of these points a little bit more. So check out this first one.
At the end of most evangelistic messages preached by ONTHEREDBOX evangelists, you will hear them say, “Repent and put your faith in Jesus today! No one has tomorrow guaranteed.” We know that is true. But all of us would like an exception to that rule.
Julie, my wife, said something very profound the other day.
God has not told me if I will live or die. But he HAS given me instructions for today.
- Today I am to live.
- Today I am to love and seek God.
- Today I am to share Jesus with others.
Honestly, I don’t have tomorrow guaranteed either. Neither do you. But we do have today.
- Today you can spend time with Jesus.
- Today you can forgive those that offend.
- Today you can evangelise.
- Today you can treat others as you want to be treated.
- Today you can be obedient to God’s call on your life.
Keep your life focused on walking with Jesus today. The rest he will take care of. I promise.
A read through Revelation will give you a great idea of what we will hear when we get to heaven. Not only that but we will get to join in on the praise and worship! So consider this list your choir practice. You don’t want to be caught not knowing the words!
- Salvation (belongs to our God)
- True and Righteous are your judgments
- Great and marvelous are Your works
- For the Lord our God Almighty reigns.
- Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come.
- Worthy to receive Glory, Honor and Power
- Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honorand glory and blessing
- Blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.
- Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever Amen.
- Give praise to our God