I have a confession to make. I have been alone for two months now and I have not been able to rejoice for Julie. People will say, “At least we know she is in heaven.” Then I would think, “Yeah, well, I am down here and I can’t begin to tell you what I lost when Julie died.” I thought only of my loss but not of her gain. (That is my confession)
On Sunday of this week something happened. I thought of Julie. In heaven. Then the thought popped into my head of her saying, “Hey Jakey, aren’t you happy for me?” I thought about it. Then I said I was. Of course I was!
At that moment my thoughts were filled with what my dear wife gained.
- Julie had an open door into heaven.
- She saw Jesus face to face.
- He put the crown of life upon her head.
- She was shown the place he had prepared for her.
- She is near the 24 elders around the throne, casting her crown down and saying HOLY, HOLY, HOLY.
- She sits in the bleachers with the great cloud of witnesses – Is she cheering us on?
- No more death, tears, suffering, sickness, sin, temptation, devil.
It was then, I began to REJOICE for her. For real.
I recorded this video a month ago when God was showing me how to live above the sad stuff in my life. It also talks about rejoicing. Check it out!