My greatest heartbreak as an evangelist is to see people reject Christ and see so few saved.
To see people genuinely converted to Christ is rare. Not many are willing to abandon their sin, lose their life, take up their cross and follow Jesus in exchange for forgiveness, eternal life and friendship with God.
God is not willing that any perish, and yet they do. He wants them all to come to repentance, but they don’t.
I am not alone in my struggle.
- Who has believed our message? Isaiah
- They have refused to repent. Jeremiah
- For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers. Paul
- I desired to gather you, but you would not. Jesus
- I stretched out my hands all day long to stubborn people. God
It is hard to read verses that talk about few being saved or many that are on the road that leads to destruction.
So what is the solution for the heartbreak?
- Isaiah obeyed
- Jeremiah wept
- Paul continued to preach
- Jesus prayed
- God perseveres and doesn’t give up
And so must I. Even if it is with a broken heart.
Is. 53:1 – Jer. 5:3 – Rom. 9:3 – Is. 65:2 – Mat. 23:37